If you would like to visit the temple for baptisms or other temple ordinance on behalf of deceased family members, talk with your ward Temple and Family History Leader. Check on LDS Tools, Organizations, Temple and Family History.
Do your own Family History
What are some Family History Activities you can do?
- Log into FamilySearch.org and register for a free account
- Link yourself to your most recent deceased ancestor.
- Read some memories connected to your ancestors
- Write a memory of a family member and post it on FamilySearch.org
- Create an audio or video recording of you asking your grandparents questions about their lives. (see https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/20-questions-capture-grandmas-story/
- https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/20-questions-capture-grandmas-story/comment-page-3/ ).
- Participate in Indexing https://www.familysearch.org/indexing/
- Sign up on BillionGraves and go with friends to take pictures of headstones at a local cemetery https://billiongraves.com/ .
How to get started in Family History
Try some of these videos to help you get started in researching your family history.
Demo: Easy Ways to Discover What FamilySearch Knows about Your Ancestors (7:49)Demo: Getting Started with FamilySearch Using the Logged-In Home Page (4:20)
Demo: Tips for Searching for Records about your Ancestors (14:25)
Demo: Getting the Most from FamilySearch Search (24:58)
Demo: Expand Your Family Tree Using Mobile Record Hints (15:55)
Where do I Start? (0:55)
What if I don’t Know Much About My Family?
Family Search Surname Experience (0:33)Surname Discovery Search (4:17)
All About Me Introduction (1:34)
FamilySearch Family Tree (1:45)